> > Make an Appointment
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
*****The Clinic is temporarily closed for appointments.
An update will be available shortly.
Thank you for your patience.*****
If you are interested in any of our services or would like more information, please contact us by phoning 021-4550006 (Cork) 061-446454 (Limerick) or filling out the contact form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Please note a doctor's referral is not necessary to make an appointment.
Click for further details:
- Making an appointment
- Before your appointment
- At your appointment
- Following your appointment
- At the end of your course of treatment
Making an appointment
- When you call us, you will be asked which of our clinics you wish to attend (i.e. Cork City, or Limerick City).
- You will be asked for your name, address, contact telephone number and date of birth, all of which are required to create a file for you.
- Finally, you will be asked for a brief indication of the nature of your problem, based on which our receptionist will match your injury to the most appropriate practitioner for your problem.
Before your appointment
- Please bring or wear shorts or loose fitting trousers if possible for lower back or lower body injuries. If appropriate, bring the trainers that you run in.
- On arrival at the clinic, you will need to fill out some basic paperwork, so please bring your reading glasses if necessary, and any information you may already have regarding your injury/problem.
At your appointment
- Your practitioner may ask questions about your general medical health, including your activity level, and more specifically about your current pain.
- A physical examination will take place, which may involve movement, standing, sitting, and lying on your back or front on the treatment couch. You may be asked to remove items of clothing to allow your practitioner to observe your movement.
- Your practitioner will explain his / her conclusions based on your assessment and will outline treatment options for you.
- If appropriate, treatment will be administered. If onward referral is required, your practitioner will discuss this with you.
- Following your treatment, your practitioner will make you a follow up appointment, if required.
- Payment by cash is made at the end of each appointment.
Following your appointment
- It is not unusual to experience some soreness after treatment, which usually resolves over 24 hours.
- Completing any home care or exercises given to you by your practitioner will greatly enhance the speed of your recovery.
At the end of your course of treatment
- Receipts will be provided on request for reimbursement of fees from health insurance companies and Med 1 tax forms.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please allow a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation so that we can offer your appointment time to another patient who may be in need!
It is essential that you arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late, we may have to reschedule your appointment as a courtesy to other patients. Patients who fail to attend their appointment or give less than 24hrs prior notification may be charged a fee of €25.